30 December 2007

One More Session in 2007

Steph added a session for tomorrow morning so we don't have an 11-day gap between sessions. This will be my 14th medical-based appointment since Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if I've been to that many medical appointments in the rest of the decade combined - but that's neither here nor there.

I had my first pudding incident in weeks yesterday at my family's Christmas gathering at Mom's. It's a small place which hosted 17 people, all excited and talking and enjoying each other's company at the same time. I went about four hours as a normal person, but hit the wall around 5pm. I'm still woogy this morning.

Yesterday was the last major gathering of the major gathering season, thankfully. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy spending time with family and friends, but in my current state I'm better off taking everybody in smaller chunks. New Years' Eve will max out at eight people, then normalcy returns with small groupings peppering the workaday office-to-home daily grind. On the PCS front, I look forward to the relative simplicity of life being mostly Sally, the cats and me.

1 comment:

Bald Man Tom said...

I'm totally with you there on the whole, "turning into pudding when surrounded by lots of people," thing. I've never been seriously whacked on the head and I still do it. In my case, it's severe introvertedness, and I feel like the people around me are sapping all of my energy. As long as I've had plenty of rest before large crowds, I can manage a few hours as nearly normal as I'll ever get. But at some point a switch inside me will be thrown, and I'll either a) sit in a corner and drool or b) turn into Bitchman McCranky-Pants until I've had an hour or so to recharge.