15 October 2007

Today's Appointment

I talked with the Nurse Practitioner today (fortunately, Doctor Wolverine left himself out of the discussion this time). The current diagnosis is that all this crap is an aftereffect from the bonk on the head I took back in July. I'll chat with her again in five weeks, but in the meantime, they're increasing my dosage of the D-stuff to 50mg (now 1/3rd of full-strength).

If they're right, I'm happy. If they're right, I'll be getting progressively better throughout the next five weeks. If they aren't right, three months of my productive life will have slipped past the urinal grate, and we'll be right back at Square One.

I mentioned everything that was on our list. She said all the symptoms I have are consistent with "closed-head trauma" or whatever technical term they use for a bonk on the bean. Even symptoms waiting for six weeks to re-spring like that are not unusual, apparently.

I'm going to act as if they're right, and time and medication is the best course of action. I'm going to work through pain more often as if I'm not affected, because being useless doesn't help anybody. That will either make me stronger or make me critical. Either way, a problem gets solved - be it through recovery or by medical emergency forcing somebody in a lab coat to test something.

(At least the NP used some of her medical instruments today. I remember the light thing and the little reflex hammer - that's a start!)

No comments: